|Summary of qualifications
- Comprehensive working knowledge of numerous software packages for graphic design, web page graphics, desktop publishing, cad applications, imaging, animation, multimedia, word processing and data management. Excellent conceptual skills and problem solving ability. Fast and ambitious learner who takes pride in his work. Strives for perfection while making the utmost attempt to achieve significant contributions as a “team-member” dedicated to a higher goal. Proficient with various traditional media including markers, color pencils, pen and ink, watercolors, acrylic and oil paints. Extensive practical experience on both Macintosh and IBM computers utilizing the following software; Illustrator, InDesign CS5, PhotoShop, CorelDRAW, Canvas, PaintShop Pro, Animator Pro, Animator Studio, 3D Studio, Director, Premier, ThumbsPlus, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and WordPress.
2012- Present Freelance Graphic Designer
2008-2011 Hope United Methodist Church San Diego, CA Graphic Designer
- Responsible for creating and maintaining HOPE church’s website, (www.hopeumc.com), including streaming online audio sermons, maintaining a dynamic church calendar as a plug-in, creating forms for interactive submission, and online giving services. Maintained the daily updating of web content from church leaders, staff, committees, and congregation. Worked with Pastors and church staff to create in-house documentation, weekly service bulletins, prayer lists, inserts and special announcements. Designed and installed interior and exterior building signage, special event banners. Each month developed a new issue of the “Times of Hope” newsletter gathering articles and submissions from the various committees and church leaders. When distributed the newsletter is posted online. Created PowerPoint shows for Pastors’ sermons, memorials, special events and holidays. Directed the design and execution of yearly stewardship drive collaterals for mass-mailing.
2005-2008 Instant Imprints Franchising San Diego, CA
Graphic Design – Training and Support
- Responsible for in-house training of prospective franchise owners to enable them with successfully marketing the unique personalization services in their new stores. Training included graphic design curriculum utilizing CorelDRAW X3, screen printing with 6-head screen press, heat transfer technologies and vinyl cutting solutions for banners, signage and vehicle graphics. Training also included large format output with HP5500 series printers utilizing rip software. Provided on-line support via our website, (www.instantimprints.com) , and thru our intranet, to over one hundred Instant Imprints locations in theU.S.,Canada and the U.K. Maintained phone support for all franchisees who required specialized help solutions. Executed on-site “Store Opening” training to guarantee successful grand openings of numerous locations in the U.S. Developed and directed 15-second film sales spot for previews in local area Regal Cinemas. Created video and audio content for CD-ROM based “business card” detailing the franchise opportunities. Created marketing and sales collateral for a wide range of franchise opportunity promotional material. This included banners, brochures, flyers, convention and trade show displays, booths, posters and vinyl installations on glass, wood kiosks, storefronts, vehicle graphics. Also created and produced the quarterly company/franchisee newsletter. Worked with department heads and the owners to create in-house documentation, forms, standards, guidelines, specifications, an all presentation booklets and special mail pieces for franchise development.
2000-2005 Harrison SPI Poway, CA
- Managed multiple screen printing projects to successful completion while meeting aggressive deadlines. Created conceptual artwork, designed logos, signage and promotional materials for a wide variety of printing disciplines. Designed layouts for four-color lexan and clear acrylic domed labels while conceiving cost-effective production tools. Designed graphic overlays for membrane switches in addition to providing prototype and production circuit design services. Developed unique electro-luminescent circuit panels for commercial products. Processed numerous types of media and materials for production. Reviewed all camera-ready art and client digital files for accuracy. Assisted clients with corrupted files, font problems and software/platform computer problems. Maintained Photo Lab for contact prints, metalphoto processing and EL circuit testing. Created company website, www.harrisonspi.com , and as webmaster, maintained the site on a day-to-day basis.
1999-2000 ManTech ADG, Inc. San Diego, CA
Associate Technician – Illustration
- Developed graphics for computer-based multimedia instructional courses. Designed course screens in accordance with approved final design strategy. Created finished artwork from line drawings, reference materials, clip art, draft illustrations and photographs provided by clients. Managed multiple lessons to completion while meeting scheduled deadlines. Worked independently on special projects as well as art team leader on project forMilitaryPoliceSchool.
1998-1999 Accent Presentations, Inc. San Diego, CA
- Designed logos, technical illustrations, large format signage and all types of print material for numerous corporate clients in the San Diego area. Utilized the most current graphic design software on both Macintosh and IBM computers. Created PowerPoint 97 slide presentations and on-screen shows for corporate presentations.
1997-1998 The Burnham Institute San Diego, CA
- Designed biomedical illustrations for scientific research publications. Consulted with Principal Investigators and Lab Associates in developing conceptual artwork for research projects and grant proposals. Created electronic slides for presentations utilizing Lasergraphics slide imager. Assisted in traditional Photo Lab tasks, mounting slides, paste-ups for copy stand work, etc. Monitored audio/visual systems at weekly distinguished speaker seminars.
1996-1997 Stac Inc. San Diego, CA
- Designed graphics for Stac website (www.stac.com), and web-based products such as Stac Internet Central. Developed graphic concepts for multimedia product demonstrations. Created icons, buttons and user interface elements for use in software products. Designed user manual covers, disk labels, CD-ROM packages, and software product box artwork and in-box collateral materials. Developed conceptual and technical illustrations for user manuals and on-line help systems. Designed and updated layouts for content of printed user guides as well as software based Windows and HTML help or sample files. Consulted with Product Managers, Developers and Technical Writers regarding suggestions for interface designs. Reviewed camera-ready materials for accuracy. Approved blue lines and printer color proofs. Performed press checks to verify quality of final printing. Directed the work of several outside vendors producing printed materials.
1995-1996 IVID Communications San Diego, CA
- Created design screens and course interface for series of Ford Motor Company Multimedia Technical Training Courses. Determined style, course layout and color schemes. Prepared storyboards for scripting, animations, conceptual sketches and proposal graphics. Designed course buttons, borders, banners, control bars and screen layouts. Developed final course animations. Conceived designs for icons splash screens. Generate artwork for CD packages and promotional material. Utilized database applications and media management tools to monitor and track course progress. Created internal graphic procedures and ISO9000 documents using word processing tools.
1994-1995 ARINC Research, Inc. San Diego, CA
- Created artwork and page layouts for a 128-page Field Training Manual used by the U.S. Army and designed as a comic book. 50,000,000 printed and distributed worldwide (Japan,Korea, andUnited States).